This project offers a plug and play solution allowing retail analytics teams to understand the spatial footprint of their distribution network using a Dataiku powered WebApp. With easy tailoring of the project through a Dataiku Application and capacity to adjust the data flow to their needs, the Distribution Spatial Footprint enables retail companies to reinforce their distribution strategies. More details on the specifics of the solution can be found on the knowledge base. This solution is available on installed instances and Dataiku Online.
Geospatial analysis is a set of techniques aiming at collecting, processing and analyzing data from all kinds of technologies such as GPS, location sensors, satellites etc. It uses any data that has a geographic component attached to it, including geographic coordinates and specific identifiers such as street address and zip code.
For retailers and all other activities highly dependent on end-customer facing through stores and other distribution points, understanding how to best structure this network is critical, with the potential of generating up to a 20% in sales increase. Achieving these results demands optimizing both global and local network strategies through a broad scope of use-cases:
- Optimize the distribution network: opening stores in high potential areas, closing stores in low potential areas, relocating stores to better manage the overlaps between POS (Point Of Sale)
- Optimize the supply chain: find the best places for new distribution centers
- Tailor competitive strategy based on overlap with competitors
- Adapt the POS strategy (products, messaging, merchandising etc.) depending on the catchment area
- Optimize marketing campaigns based on distribution networks and landmarks, including geo targeted Ads
- Enrich analysis of your distribution network by computing isochrone areas for each of the points of sale (POS) in your network
- Input customer data to enhance the analysis of your network even further and optimize customer coverage
- Analyze the spatial implantation of your distribution network to optimize your distribution network and supply chain
- Visualize customer data and your distribution network with pre-built dashboards and a visually rich interactive WebApp
- Rerun the entire data pipeline on new data and isochrone areas using a simple application
- Learn how to build further upon this solution to fit it to your specific needs
Solution available on Dataiku Online
Plug and Play with your own Data
The primary entry point to this solution is the pre-built Dataiku Application which allows us to easily upload our data and adjust the project to our needs.
Data Driven Insights
By looking at the flow, we can get a sense of the flow zones that represent the high level steps we can impact with parameters in the Dataiku Application in order to turn our input data into ready-to-visualize outputs.
Enrich data with Geospatial Analytics
Compute isochrones for each of the POS in our network using open source APIs in order to see the reach of our distribution network.
Pull in Customer Data to guide future actions
Further enhance our geospatial analysis by uploading customer data to identify customers located within, and outside of, our distribution network.
Get a quick and shareable view of our distribution network, customer spread, and overlap of our network with competitors with prebuilt graphs specifically designed to quickly understand the output of the flow.
Interactive Visual WebApp
Explore our Distribution Spatial Footprint in a visually rich and interactive WebApp which can easily be used by analytics teams to answer a variety of business questions.