|Author||Dataiku (Thomas Cabrol and Kiel Guedec)|
|License||Apache Software License|
The purpose of this Dataiku Plugin is to allow DSS users to read from the Neo4j graph platform. Neo4j offers a popular database and language (Cypher), which lets users query and analyze graph data structures.
How to use
- The main prerequisite to use this Plugin is to know the credentials to connect to the Neo4j database (URI, username, password) These parameters need to be entered in the Plugin global settings (available from the Plugins > Neo4j > Settings pane), possibly by a DSS admin.
The different components allow for different use cases:
- The Macro can be used when a user needs to simply interact with the database and when no output Dataset is required.
It could be used for instance to perform maintenance tasks on the database, create indices, test Cypher queries, delete nodes…
- The Dataset can be used when a user needs to get data outside of Neo4j and into DSS. The connector allows to retrieve all nodes with a given label, or to perform an arbitrary Cypher query. The resulting DSS Dataset can be used in a larger Flow and blended with other data sources as required, and could serve as an input for a ML model (specifically, one could use Cypher to create graph-related features for a model)
Plugin limitations and improvements
- Dates are exported to Neo4j as strings.
- Only simple relationships are handled, in the form of (a)-(rel:REL)->(b)
- Only URI’s in the form of “bolt://” have been tested, with a username / password based authentication.
You are welcome to contribute to this Plugin. Please feel free to use Github issues and pull requests.