|Author||Dataiku (Alex Bourret)|
|License||Apache Software License|
How to set up
From the Google service account tab, create a new project:
- Select a project > New Project and fill in the required information.
Create a service account for that project:
- In the service accounts tab, click on create service account
- Fill in the details and skip step 2 if you want
- On step 3, create a key using the JSON format:
- Save the key and open it with a text editor. You can press Done
- Write down the service account’s email address for later use
- Enable the Google Drive API for your project
- Go to the plugin’s settings page to add a preset (DSS > Plugins > Googledrive > Settings > Google Drive connection) and add a Google Drive connection preset
- In the `Access credentials` box, paste the JSON key copied from your text editor
How to use
- Share the Google Drive document or directory with the service account email address you took note of
- Take note of the directory ID, which is the part of the URL after the last slash character
- Create a new dataset in Dataiku DSS by selecting Dataset > Googledrive
- Click Googledrive Filesystem
- Pick your preset for the connection, and in ID of root directory, paste the previously copied directory ID
- Edit the
DATADIR/config/dip.propertiesfile and add the following key:
- Share an empty directory with the Google Drive service account. It is important that it does not contain data you want to keep: the entire structure contained inside this directory can be deleted by the plugin. Also for this reason, the plugin will refuse to write directly to the root directory.
- In the flow, first create your target Google Drive dataset, by selecting the Googledrive plugin in the dataset list.
- Browse to your target directory, name this new dataset and press create
- If the following message appears :
An invalid argument has been encountered : Missing parameters for CSVgot to the dataset Settings > Format / Preview and set Quoting style
- Pick the source dataset and create a sync recipe from it. Select Use existing dataset and pick your target Google Drive dataset.
- Finally, click on Create recipe.