|Author||Dataiku (Alex Bourret)|
|License||Apache Software License|
How to set up
You need to install the plugin in Dataiku DSS. Go to the Administration > Plugins page. The plugin requires the installation of a code environment.
In order to use the plugin, the administrator of the box.com account will have to create an box.com app:
- As administrator, go to your box.com account page and upgrade to developer.
- From the administrator’s developers console, create a new app, select Limited Access App
- Name your app.
People given access to this app will be able to access all files shared to it. Where access to dataset must be restricted to a given group, make and name a separate app for this purpose.
- From the App configuration panel, create and copy a primary and / or secondary access token.
- Go to the plugin’s setting page (Plugins > Installed > Box.com > Settings > Box.com connection or Project > Settings> Plugins presets). Create a new preset, and paste the access token copied from step 4. Go to the plugin’s setting page and create a preset. In the preset, paste the access token.
How to use
The plugin does not have direct access to the user’s files, but to the app service account. Data can be share with DSS by sharing files or directory with this service account. To do so, you need first to retrieve the app’s sharing email address:
- Inside a DSS project, go to the Macros menu
- Select the Get Box.com sharing email macro
- Pick a previously created preset, or fill in the access token using Manually defined. Then press Run Macro
- Copy the email address returned.
To make files visible to DSS, you will need to share them from your box account with this email address:
- Go to your box.com account, locate the files or directories you want to share with DSS and click “Share”
- In the “Invite People” dialog box, paste the email address copied from step 4
Once this is done, you can create a new dataset using the box.com plugin. First, create the dataset by picking box.com in the dataset section :
Choose the Filesystem provider, and fill in the details copied from the app configuration panel.
From the connector’s Settings > Files panel, you should now be able to browser your box directory and select the file or directory you want to access.
Browsing speed can be slightly increased by activating the cache option. However this is not available in MUS context.
Write data into Box.com
- In your DSS project flow, select Dataset > Folder
- Choose Box.com in the Store into parameter and click Create. An External code failed error may appear because you have not selected your Preset yet.
- In the Settings tab of the folder, select your Preset in the Box.com connection parameter, and save. You can now export your dataset into your newly created Box.com managed folder.