|Author||Dataiku (Alex Bourret)|
|License||Apache Software License|
How to set up
You need to install the plugin in Dataiku DSS. Go to the Administration > Plugins page. The plugin requires the installation of a code environment.
In order to use the plugin, the administrator of the box.com account will have to create an box.com app:
- As administrator, go to your box.com account page and upgrade to developer.
- From the administrator’s developers console, create a new Partner Integration
- Name your app.
People given access to this app will be able to access all files shared to it. Where access to dataset must be restricted to a given group, make and name a separate app for this purpose.
- From the App configuration panel, create and copy a secondary access token.
- Go to the plugin’s setting page (Plugins > Installed > Box.com > Settings > Box.com connection or Project > Settings> Plugins presets). Create a new preset, and paste the access token copied from step 4. Go to the plugin’s setting page and create a preset. In the preset, paste the access token.
How to use
The plugin does not have direct access to the user’s files, but to the app service account. Data can be share with DSS by sharing files or directory with this service account. To do so, you need first to retrieve the app’s sharing email address:
- Inside a DSS project, go to the Macros menu
- Select the Get Box.com sharing email macro
- Pick a previously created preset, or fill in the access token using Manually defined. Then press Run Macro
- Copy the email address returned.
To make files visible to DSS, you will need to share them from your box account with this email address:
- Go to your box.com account, locate the files or directories you want to share with DSS and click “Share”
- In the “Invite People” dialog box, paste the email address copied from step 4
Once this is done, you can create a new dataset using the box.com plugin. First, create the dataset by picking box.com in the dataset section :
Choose the Filesystem provider, and fill in the details copied from the app configuration panel.
From the connector’s Settings > Files panel, you should now be able to browser your box directory and select the file or directory you want to access.
Browsing speed can be slightly increased by activating the cache option. However this is not available in MUS context.
- Edit the
DATADIR/config/dip.propertiesfile and add the following key:
- Share an empty directory with the box.com DSS app. It is important that it does not contain data you want to keep: the entire structure contained inside this directory can be deleted by the plugin.
- In the flow, first create your target box.com dataset, by selecting the box.com plugin in the dataset list.
- Browse to your target directory, name this new dataset and press create
- If the following message appears : An invalid argument has been encountered : Missing parameters for CSV got to the dataset Settings > Format / Preview and make sure that Type, Separator, Quoting style, Quoting character, Escape character are properly set.
- Pick the source dataset and create a sync recipe from it. Select Use existing dataset and pick your target box.com dataset. Finally Create recipe.