Advisor is a Dataiku initiative allowing you to easily share data assets built inside Dataiku to your business users through a web extension.
Once you have your data in Dataiku, ready to be consumed, a web-app gives you the ability to link these data to your users’ browsers. Select which data you want to show, and under what shape, and whenever they need it, Advisor web extension will trigger and show whatever information the users need for their daily job.
In a nutshell, here are the different things that happen when using Advisor:
- Users access any website through a browser
- Advisor Extension parses the entire page, detects some keywords and underlines these keywords
- When hovering one of the keywords underlined, the user is able to click on a popup
- A panel on the right appears with cards. Each card contains some information a builder has set up inside Dataiku.
- Users can use this information to accomplish their daily job and quickly take action without browsing through various platforms or websites, as everything is at the same place inside the page itself.
For more information, you can read the full documentation.
How to set up
Create a webapp
For most of the use cases, you are all set up after installing the plugin. Go to a project, create an Advisor visual webapp, and start building some powerful visualization for your collaborators!
You can also follow the quick-start tutorial to understand better how Advisor works and set up your first project. To do so, go to this quick-start tutorial.
If you encounter any problems using Advisor or wish to add some features, contact us at [email protected].