New York, United States
Data Science Full-time
Dataiku allows enterprises to create value with their data in a human-centered way while breaking down silos and encouraging collaboration. One of the most unique characteristics of our product, Data Science Studio (DSS), is the breadth of its scope and the fact that it caters both to technical and non-technical users. Through DSS, we aim to empower people through data and democratize data science.
Dataiku’s promise to our customers is to provide them with the software and support needed to accelerate their data science and machine learning maturity. Dataiku’s Data Science team is responsible for delivering on that promise. Internally, we call the team the DataFab — ask us about it!
The role of a Data Scientist at Dataiku is quite unique; our Data Scientists not only code up solutions to real-world problems, but also participate in client-facing endeavors throughout the customer journey: supporting their discovery of the platform, helping integrate DSS with other tools and technologies, training users, and co-developing data science projects from design to deployment.
In this role, you'll help the team:
- Co-develop production-level data science projects with our customers
- Analyze and investigate various kinds of data and machine learning applications across industries and use cases
- Help users discover and master the Dataiku platform, DSS, via user trainings, office hours, and ongoing consultative support
- Provide data science expertise to customers and internally to Dataiku’s sales, marketing teams
- Develop custom python or R-based “plugins” in collaboration with R&D and product teams, to enhance DSS’s functionality.
You may be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Curiosity and a desire to learn new topics and skills
- Empathy for others and an eagerness to share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues, Dataiku’s customers, and the general public
- The ability to clearly explain complex topics to technical as well as non-technical audiences
- 1-3 years of experience with python or R
- 1-3 years of experience with machine learning
- Familiarity with relational data structures and/or SQL.
Technical skills that may help you in the role:
- Experience with PySpark, SparkR, or Scala
- Experience building APIs
- Experience using cloud products and services from AWS, GCP, Azure, and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with or passion for teaching and/or public speaking.
- Exposure to a wide range of enterprise customers across industries. Examples of Dataiku’s hundreds of customers include GE, Unilever, Comcast, Ubisoft, OVH, Santander, and Capgemini
- A wide diversity of projects and tasks ensures that no two days will be alike
- Opportunity to contribute to the core vision of our company and product: simplify and democratize the way people work with data and use Artificial Intelligence
- Exposure to the latest, open source technologies that Dataiku integrates
- See here our release notes for our latest developments
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris (our European HQ) and other locations worldwide for company-wide and team summits
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team in hypergrowth mode
Apply for this Job
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast! In 2019, we achieved unicorn status, went from 200 to 400 people and opened new offices across the globe. Spanning from Sydney to Frankfurt, Denver to London, geography doesn’t stop Dataikers from working closely together and sharing experiences. Collaboration is key within our product and culture. We strive to create a sense of belonging and community while fostering diverse thinking by encouraging cross-team, cross-office interactions like our annual company offsite or Paris onboarding. Fly over to Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to read stories about our culture, people, and success.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment.